Richard GoraFounder & Member
- securities, capital raises and private placements
- corporate & M&A transactions
- blockchain, ICOs, utility token and cryptocurrencies
- intellectual property
- United States Supreme Court
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Connecticut
- Northern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- District of New Jersey
- District of Colorado
With over 10 years of experience in business, corporate, securities, management, litigation, employment and intellectual property, Rich has advised clients on massive deals all over the world and in massive litigations throughout the United States.
Rich also has a growing startup practice where he’s advised hundreds of startups and early stage companies.
Gora LLC comes up with results that are actually implementable.
Before founding Gora LLC in late 2014, Rich Gora was an attorney for over 8 years at Finn Dixon & Herling LLP. He has advised high-profile clients, including a founder of Google Energy, a member of the Rockefeller family, a Spotify executive, a Bitcoin pioneer, and the former CFO of Lehman Brothers. He advises clients all across the world, including the UAE, UK, Australia, Germany, Norway, Poland, Hong Kong and Vietnam.
M&A / Securities / Investment Management
We advise broker-dealers, investment advisers, hedge funds, funds of funds, offshore funds and other investment vehicles on all aspects of fund structuring and formation. We’ve drafted PPMs for, among others, an $85 million equity investment. We’ve advised on millions of dollars of M&A, investment and securities offering activity. We advise various hedge funds with billions of AUM, private equity, venture capital and other market participants.
Recent transactional representations include:
- Confidential investment in Uber’s Series E valued at $40 billion
- $100 million convertible debt financing
- $25 million redemption of founder stock
- $3.5 million equity raise for Silicon Valley company
- $4.5 million equity raise for Silicon Valley company
- $5.2 million equity raise for Silicon Valley company
- $15 million equity raise for technology company
- $85 million equity offering
- $20 million convertible debt financing
- $1 million redemption
- $3 million equity sale
- $10 million equity offering
- $1.5 million debt offering
Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, ICOs and Utility Tokens
- Represent ClearCoin on utility token offering for its ICO.
- Counsel CoinGenius on ICO issues.
- Advise CoinFlip on ICO and money services business license issues.
- Counsel Presence PBC on ICO issues and securities offerings.
- Advise consultant of ATMCoin on ICO compliance issues and US operations.
- Represent buyer of multi-million mining operation in Sweden and corporate issues.
- Advise consultant of AppCoins on advisory relationship and activities.
- Advise clients on money services business and money transmitted licensing requirements under federal and state laws.
- Render opinions on New York Bitlicense regulations.
- Draft, review and comment on White Papers for blockchain technologies, ICOs, utility token offerings and cryptocurrency issues.
- Draft Purchase and Sale Agreements for ICOs and utility token offerings.
- Draft, review and revise terms of services and terms of conditions for ICOs and utility token offerings.
- Strategic planning for ICO and utility token offerings.
- Technical implementation of ethereum blockchain.
- Advise on fund formations utilizing cryptocurrency trading strategies.
- Advise on ETF issues for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Advise on international ICO expansion to various countries, including, for example, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Germany, Switzerland, Dubai, and Guernsey.
- Advise on ICO and token sale for asset-backed tokens.
- Advise on CFTC regulations for commodity deliveries, futures and options for bitcoin, ether and other cryptocurrencies.
- Counsel client on forming fund for issuance of tokens to participate in ICOs and utility token sales.
Business and Corporate
Rich counsels companies – ranging from startups to public companies – on general business matters, including:
- Employment and compensation agreements
- Master Services Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Licensing, manufacturing and other intellectual property management agreements
- Independent Contractor and Servicer agreements
- Terms of Service/Use, Privacy Policies and End-User Licensing Agreements (EULAs)
- Confidentiality and Proprietry Invention Agreements
- Trademark and Copyright registration and assignments
- General formation issues and structuring
We’ve advised a Founder of Google Energy on employment and investment issues, and have counseled employers and employees on private employment matters, including issues arising under the False Claims Act and relating to federal whistleblower programs with the SEC and the FDA. We regularly counsel employers and employees on equity compensation, termination, board and related work issues.
We counsel clients on DOJ, SEC, FBI, CFTC, NFA and state regulatory investigations. We are presently advising the Chief Executive Officer and a Public Company in an investigation by a state securities regulator and the SEC, and have represented various funds and individuals in enforcement actions.
He has appeared in over 40 multi-million dollar federal court cases, including 4 with over $1 billion at stake, including:
- $3 billion federal restitution action
- $100+ million arbitration concerning private equity fund’s claim for performance fees
- $25+ million state and federal RICO action
- $13 million federal antitrust action
- $500 million federal Ponzi scheme case
- various SEC enforcement actions
- $5.2 billion lawsuit relating to acquisition of public company by private equity firm
- Multi-million patent defense in NY federal court
- $4.5 billion merger litigation
- $240 million Ponzi scheme case
- $80 million securities fraud action stemming from a short-form merger
- $80 million fraud claim against Swiss investment bank
- Represented former CFO of Lehman Brothers in multi-billion dollar class action securities fraud litigation
- $15 million SEC insider trading case
- $6 million trade secret misappropriation case
- Multi-million dollar employment contract dispute against privately held utility company
- Breach of non-competition claim against former employee
- $5 million wrongful discharge claim defense
- $50+ million IP litigation
- $25+ million bet the company litigation
- $25+ million trade dress infringement claim
- $10+ million breach of contract and fiduciary duty claim
- $15+ million professional liability claim
- $80+ million professional liability claim
- Multi-million dollar defense of employment discrimination and retaliation claims against global conglomerate by head of HR overseeing 3,000+ employees
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form, which does not create an attorney-client relationship: